I was enthralled with their memories. They looked out over the small pasture outside and began naming their favorite horses, they talked about the Saint Bernard breeding business they had, and pointed out the area where the dairy cows were milked. Their faces lit up as they talked about their father's soft spot for puppies and how he traded puppies for ponies. They were reminiscing and it was fun, I could almost see their countenance change with each animal they recalled.
It got me thinking about animals and their place in creation, and their place in humans lives. I think that the original design of creation was for man and animals to be so in tune and so a part of each others lives. I'm not getting all hyper emotional or spiritual about it but I think God intended for a beautiful relationship
between the two. Its obvious when you look at a zoo for example. People want so badly to interact and see animals they pay good money to go look at them, there is a fascination with animals. We even have an entire television channel devoted to Animals. Or another example is little boys are fascinated with frogs, or how puppies absolutely brighten up a room. Animals are used for therapy, and there is scientific proof that owning a pet helps fight depression, loneliness and even heart disease. Animals are intended to bring joy. I think thats why when I asked about the farm the most joyful stories my mother in law had were that of the memories of animals. Animals enhance our lives, fascinate our senses, and give an overwhelming picture of God's unfiltered imagination.
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment