I love sports so I watch a lot of them. I also enjoy seeing athletes and coaches handle the media and their questions. Some do it better than others. There is one question and then response that is very typical and has been ringing in my head lately.
Reporter: "Your opponent is riding a 5 match winning streak and have a really tough defense are you worried about how that will effect you going into this match?...."
To which any professional athlete or coach will answer.
Coach: "You know they are a tough opponent but we believe if we focus on our game plan and execute we should win, we aren't worried about what they can do we are focused on our plan...."
The reporter is trying to hype the degree of difficulty in the teams upcoming match up, pointing out how good the other team is and all the things they have going for them. Yet the player or coach being interviewed is confident that they have spent hours putting together a game plan and trust their coaching staff to design the plan and the players to execute it. If the team follows this plan they should win.
In the current political and moral climate of America I worry that too often my fellow Christian's are too focused on what the other team has done and not really focusing on our game plan, let alone setting out to execute it. Because if we truly believe 1 Corinthians 15:57 "But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ." Then we would be more focused on what our plan is to walk out that victory, instead of constantly hyper focused on what the enemy is doing.
I hear too many harsh words being spoken about political figures and hatred being spewed against political parties. Too much focus on how the devil is infiltrating our school systems and the government is stealing our rights etc. Sometimes I hear downright vile and hurtful things being said about people because they like the color red and not blue. Lets remember Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."
Maybe we could learn from the culture of sports here.
Lets not be worried about what the devil plans, lets be focused on our game plan given to us by our Father in Heaven who oh by the way, has already won this match.
Blessings.
BAM! Wow, that is a good word right there. I whole-heartedly agree. I would even go as far to say that 95% of Christians do not have/are not part of a church that has a solid game plan with measurable results or goals.
ReplyDelete